Notes from Virginia
Monday, September 19, 2005
  My personal definition of effective writing
So, today is our first full day workshop after a round of Visiting Writers. I want to begin the morning with a brief reflection on what for us defines effective writing, that is, what should we be striving to accomplish in the workshop session and how (if ever) will we know when it is time to stop tweaking and publish. So, in class we will brainstorm a collective list, but here are some personal thoughts on what makes for effective writing:

Okay, so these are just a few items on my list and its not comprehensive. I'm anxious to hear what you all add when I get to class!

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Letters to friends, students, and colleagues.

ARCHIVES
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 /


Powered by Blogger